We are working hard to ensure we make your next visit safe and comfortable, whilst retaining the warm welcome, relaxed setting, and special experience that Moor Hall is renowned for.
Guest Safety Measures
We are very fortunate to have spacious lounges, bars, dining areas and gardens, which allow us to comply with social distancing and other Public Health England (PHE) guidelines easier than most establishments.
You can also expect some additional safety measures across all areas, including (but not limited to):
- Enhanced procedures and training for our staff, including tri-weekly testing, self-declaration health questionnaires and daily temperature checks
- Hand wash/sanitising stations provided at all entrances for guests and work areas for staff
- Menus at The Barn are viewable via QR code on your smartphone, please download one of many free ‘QR Code Reader’ applications prior to your visit, or alternatively you can use the camera on your smartphone
- Glass screens in between tables at The Barn Restaurant (indoor)
- Enhanced and regular cleaning regimes covering all lounges, bars, dining areas, communal areas and bedrooms
- Adjustments to the restaurant layout, service and staff rotas to reduce the number of guests and staff in any area
- A “No handshaking” policy
- Encouraging cashless payments, with new contactless ways to pay using your smartphone such as Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
- Supporting NHS Track & Trace
Any further guidance from Public Health England will be followed closely and we will continually update you on any new policies and procedures as a result of this. We would also encourage you to read our full operating policy and risk assessment documents, links below.
Before your visit
Please click here and read our Visitor Questionnaire prior to your visit. If you answer ‘Yes’ to anything asked, you should call our Reservations team to discuss your booking.
We have achieved the AA COVID Confident accreditation for both Moor Hall Restaurant with Rooms and The Barn at Moor Hall.