18 Mar 2021
Guest Blog by Mellor & Rose Modern Calligraphers, based in Lytham St Annes, Lancashire.
We are delighted to share some fun and creative Easter Hand Lettering ideas in lovely Modern Calligraphy style, with ‘Nine ways to get creative with calligraphy’.
Modern Calligraphy is a much more relaxed form than traditional Calligraphy, which is fun to learn and highly enjoyable to do. This versatile style of lettering lends itself to everything from greeting cards, wall art, weddings and occasions, craft projects – like Gift Bags, Easter Eggs and later in the year Christmas Baubles! There’s always a special occasion or event that occurs each month which makes Calligraphy such a useful and exciting skill to learn – never worry if you’ve forgotten to buy a birthday card ever again!
If you’re looking to ‘brush up’ on your skills or see calligraphy and lettering first-hand for the first time, take a look at our library of videos and tutorials available by CLICKING HERE.
1) Black Easter Egg Tag in Dip Pen and Metallic Inks on Black Kraft card
2) Kraft Gift Bag using White Ink with a simple Greeting and Foliage Illustration
3) Lettering on Glass with a Chalk Pen. Personalise your own bottles and mirrors
4) Greeting Card with White Ink and Hand Lettered Envelope
5) Larger Scale Chalk Pen Lettering ideal for Signage and Chalkboards
6) Hop to it! Greet Card or Tag using lovely dense Black Ink on daffodil card and a cute bunny
7) Elegant Easter Tag in high lift Metallic Gold Ink…simple and lovely.
8) Flower Bouquet with Hand-lettering
9) Hand-lettered envelope…a lovely surprise
From their established background in Design and Hand Lettering, Mellor & Rose deliver detail orientated Modern Calligraphy Workshops to inspire beginners, enthusiasts and professionals to develop their Calligraphy in both Dip Pen (nib and ink) and Brush Pen as well as larger scale lettering for Chalkboards should you wish to take your lettering off the page. We look forward to welcoming them to hosting one of their Calligraphy and Lettering Workshops here at Moor Hall at a future date.
Find out more at mellorandrose.co.uk